It is time to take charge of your brand’s online presence.
So you have a website, now what? That is a great step, but you need fresh content and social media engagement to attract users and achieve daily web traffic with high search engine rankings.
A strong digital marketing plan coupled with SEO rich content is key to capturing more guests– increasing your reservations!
Resort Marketing 101 are Digital Marketing Experts.
Did you know?
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
- 88% of the active blog readers in the total U.S. general population trust the information they get from familiar blogs
- 61% of people feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are more likely to buy from that company
Google dominates the market of the search engine world and is familiar to just about every single user on the Internet. Google’s mission is to make search completely relevant to its users, and they have invested billions in research and development in order to do this.
As part of their mission, the top scientists at Google have two very significant algorithm updates: Panda and Penguin. Coming onto the scene in 2011, many websites felt a drop in traffic– all in the mission to curb and even stop the bad trades of black-hat tricks and low quality content.
Panda is one of Google’s core algorithm updates to provide more relevant results. Panda looks at the quality of content, the originality of the content, and the overall presentability of such content. This is done to prevent plagiarism, mass creation of low quality content, and also duplicate content.
Here are some facts and tips on how to survive Panda when it visits your website.
Date: Feb 23, 2011 affected 12% of all websites when released
- Thin/short articles
- Duplicate content
- High bounce rates
- Create original content
- Have deep and rich content
- Use unique content to fuel social sharing
After Panda demoted millions of websites, Google felt that it wasn’t enough to curb search spam and then developed the Penguin update. This time, it was all about the links.
Penguin was designed to count the number of links, and then check with Panda on the quality of the site the links come from– and are pointing to. Penguin also checks on how relevant a link is… a great example is having a “legal steroid” website linking to a law practice or real estate site. In Penguin’s eyes, that’s webspam, and therefore is treated as such.
Keep Penguin at bay with with these facts and tips.
Date: April 24, 2012 affected 3.1% of all websites when released
- Low Quality Links
- Over optimized anchor text
- Keyword Stuffing
- Natural Anchor Texts
- Contextual Links
- Strategic Internal/External “nofollow” Links
- Well balanced keyword density
Matt Cutts, Google’s head of webspam, says this about Panda and Penguin:
Websites that do not follow best practices
Will not rank well in any search engine!
While Google is not the only search engine out there, it is the strongest and most powerful force on the Internet. We optimize for all search engines, but for Google first as it is the trend setter while other search engines play catch up.
Resort Marketing 101 will:
- Generate SEO rich content
- Boost site traffic
- Fuel social engagement
- Build natural links
- Encourage social sharing of YOUR content
- Create digital marketing strategies and sales funnels
- Increase opt-in subscribers
- MAXIMIZE conversions and turn website visitors into CA$H.
Don’t get stuck dealing with Panda and Penguin, let a well trained Resort Marketing 101 Agent navigate the treacherous landscape of SEO for you!